Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!?!


Actually, this post is less about "your" problem and more about your "customer's" problem. When starting your business, you need to begin by answering some basic blocking and tackling elements...aka...fundamentals.

Today, let's discuss FUNDAMENTAL NUMERO UNO...

THE PROBLEM: You need to clearly identify the problem that your customer has or the pain they have that you can alleviate.

For Instance:

Problem: I'm a coffee drinker but I hate truck stop or convenient store coffee.

Problem: I spend all day dialing phone numbers.

Problem: My weapon doesn't load fast enough.

Problem: I can't carry everything I need when I go out.
Problem: I'm tired of getting out of bed to turn off the TV and lights.

Problem: I'm tired of waiting in line for rides at Disney Land.

Problem: It's a hassle to try to return items I've purchased on the internet.

Problem: I have to go inside the restaurant to get the food.

Action Plan: Yes, whip out the trusty sheet of blank paper and jot down what your customers problem is or the specific pain they have that you can alleviate.

Stay Tuned: In the next post we'll address the "solution" you provide your customer.

No comments: