Friday, April 11, 2008

FRONTIER AIRLINES...WHAT THE @#%$!

Some of you may have never even heard of Frontier Airlines. They are a carrier based out of Denver, Colorado. I personally love this little airline that could. However, today they became the 4th carrier in as many weeks to file Bankruptcy protection. Although, on the positive side, they will still be maintaining operations until they can get a grip. Good for me since I am on one of their flights tomorrow morning.

At any rate, this news prompted me to blab about the greatness this airline possesses in a few critical areas. One of these key areas is CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. This airline simply provides a superior traveling experience. The planes are new and include, leather seats, satellite TV, and a generally acceptable and fun-loving staff. Note: "generally acceptable" equates to superior in this business.

My Point: It's hard to make a best practice case out of a Bankrupt business. However, I'm taking a stab at it anyway. They have done a great job of dialing-in the customer experience. This is an element of any business that we entrepreneurs must continue to focus on and revisit on a regular basis. If nothing else, Frontier Airlines serves as a reminder to me to continuously improve the experience my customers have.

No comments: